How can STOTT PILATES® be different than weight training or other resistance exercise?
• Pilates is three-dimensional (i.e. exercises can be performed using all movement planes)
• Spring resistance more closely resembles muscular contraction
• Emphasis on concentric/eccentric contraction for injury prevention
• STOTT PILATES® exercise is customizable for special needs
• In Pilates exercise, emphasis is placed on rebalancing muscles around the joints
• Pilates corrects over-training and muscle imbalance that leads to injury
• Pilates emphasizes balancing strength with flexibility (for injury prevention and more efficient movement)
• STOTT PILATES® exercise leads to an improvement in posture and body awareness
• Weight training and STOTT PILATES® can be combined in your fitness program and are a great compliment to each other.