Wellcentred is proud to be affiliated with STOTT PILATES®, a subsidiary of Merrithew Corporation, which is the largest full-service Pilates organization worldwide. Our staff is STOTT PILATES® certified in Matwork and the Reformer.
What is the STOTT PILATES® Method?
STOTT PILATES® is a contemporary approach to the original exercise method pioneered by the late Joseph Pilates. Co-founders Moira and Lindsay G. Merrithew, along with a team of physical therapists, sports medicine and fitness professionals, have spent over two decades refining the STOTT PILATES® method of exercise and equipment. This resulted in the inclusion of modern principles of exercise science and spinal rehabilitation, making it one of the safest and effective methods available. This clear and detailed approach forms the basis for STOTT PILATES® training and certification programs. It’s used by rehab and prenatal clients, athletes, celebrities and everyone in between.
What are the benefits of STOTT PILATES®?
• Longer, leaner muscles (less bulk, more freedom of movement)
• Improves postural problems
• Increases core strength, stability and peripheral mobility
• Helps prevent injury
• Enhances functional fitness, ease of movement
• Balances strength & flexibility
• Heightens body awareness
• No-impact, easy on the joints
• Can be customized to suit everyone from rehab patients to elite athletes
• Complements other methods of exercise
• Improves performance in sports (golf, skiing, skating etc.)
Click here to visit the official STOTT PILATES® web site.
STOTT PILATES® Photography © Merrithew Corporation.